How Backup Generators Protect Your Business
February 19, 2014
A sudden blizzard, tornado or other natural disaster can be dangerous and devastating to the business community. GE Standby Generators are ready to equip your business, small or large, with the protection and peace of mind that comes with backup power.
Backup Generators for Business
As a business owner, your responsibility is not only to your company property, but also to your customers. When sudden, often jarring power outages occur, having the peace of mind that your business can still run smoothly will keep you a step ahead of your competition.
- Business doesn’t stop, even in a blackout. Your long distance customers won’t be aware of the local weather conditions causing a power outage. Stay available via email and telephone with a standby generator that automatically detects the loss of electricity using an automatic transfer switch.
- Be the beacon of light in your neighborhood. For the customers who are local, whether you’re a small grocery store or large hardware store, people will look to you when the power goes out. Provide the comfort and support your customers are looking for and turn them into lifelong patrons.
Commercial Standby Generators
Protect your investments with a commercial standby generator that comes equipped with an automatic transfer switch, voltage options, weather resistant enclosure and varying warranty options. Whether you own and operate a large or small business, GE has the best generator for your needs:
- Your small business can’t stand to be offline; the 35kW1 Commercial Standby Generator provides lasting backup electricity that will keep you and your employees in touch with all of the most important clients especially when your competition can’t.
- For any small to medium sized business, the 48kW1 Commercial Backup Generator will keep your merchandise moving and in touch with your customers.
- 60 & 62kW1 Commercial Generator Systems are built with industrial strength equipped with a GM Vortec 1800 RPM engine to ensure that during a power outage emergency, you and your business are not left in the dark.
Business Safety during a Power Outage
Safety preparedness for businesses should be the number one priority. Always have a plan with your high level managers and security teams to ensure all of your employees and customers are safe during a blackout. The American Red Cross has compiled a list of action items like safety preparation, hazard assessments and emergency response plans.
It’s the little things that quickly add up during a power outage that can financially devastate your business like specialty items that require refrigeration or ventilation. But ultimately, if the lights are off, business stops all together. Don’t run the risk of losing out on a hard days’ worth of work and protect your business. Talk to a GE Dealer in your area today!
1This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators).