How GE Generator Accessories Make Maintenance Easy
October 23, 2013
Home standby generators from GE are a great investment for the future and safety of your home. After learning how a generator works and discussing generator installation with your GE Dealer, it’s time to think about how to take care of your new generator.
Find out how generator accessories like maintenance kits, remote monitoring, cold weather kits and modules make generator maintenance & up-keep easy!
Generator Maintenance Kits
Generator maintenance kits come designed to help you keep your standby generator in working order. Since backup generators work hard to keep the lights on during a power outage, it’s important to check up on your generator system according to your GE Owner’s Manual every now and again. For home standby generator models 8kW1, 10 - 13kW1, 17 - 20kW1, 35kW1 , 48kW1 and the 60kW1 you will find included in each maintenance kit:
- Replacement generator air filter
- Replacement generator spark plugs
- Replacement generator oil filter
- Replacement funnel & generator oil
Home Standby Generator Monitoring
GE prides itself on being at the forefront of generator technology, providing you with tools like remote monitoring. Generator monitoring helps to keep you safe during a blizzard or heat wave related blackouts with real time status updates of your generator from inside your home!
- Remote System Status Panel is wired from the generator into your home (similar to the furnace/air conditioner panel) to provide you with realt-time status of GE models 8-20kW1. This generator monitoring system provides a visual indication if/when your system has low battery voltage, low oil pressure, low voltage, the engine status, low frequency, the engine overspeed, high oil temp and transfer switch fault.
- Basic Wireless Monitor is a great remote generator monitoring system to keep you up-to-date on how it is functioning. Compatible with GE models 8kW1, 10kW1, 17kW1 and 20kW1, this system is also wired from the generator into your home. This enables a visual panel updating you on when your generator is ready, the power status and when generator maintenance is needed. Infohub™ is also available for GE home generators and is wireless monitoring for your computer, tablet or smart phone.
- The Wireless Router adds some extra power and range to the other remote generator monitoring systems by allowing network devices to communicate with each other up to 200ft from your home. Plug the wireless router into any standard outlet to get started!
- GE Symphony II® Power Monitor is a remote monitoring system compatible with GE generators up to 48kW1. During a power outage, The Symphony is able to provide you with the status of all generator functions with indicator lights that report in real time.
Standby Generator Cold Weather Kit
The cold weather kit from GE is designed to keep you warm, cozy and safe during cold weather power outages with kits to keep your generator warm, cozy and running!
- The cold weather kit for 8 - 13kW1 includes a thermostatically controlled battery warmer and oil heater to ensure your generator starts up during a cold weather related power outage.
- For home standby generator models 17-20kW1, GE has developed a cold weather kit tested to keep your backup power source running in temperatures as low as -25°F. Each kit includes a thermostatically controlled battery warmer and oil heater that activate as the temperature drops.
- The generator engine block heater is a cold weather kit designed for 35kW1 , 48kW1 and 60kW1 models. The engine block heater ensures your system is warm enough, tested in temperatures as low as -20°F, to start during a power outage caused by a blizzard or just extremely cold weather.
Home Standby Generator Modules
Last but certainly not least are generator modules from GE that are able to coordinate with the Symphony II® Transfer Switch to adjust your generator output during a blackout. All Modules comes with a three year limited warranty and are installed in your home with no additional wiring required2.
- The GE Low Voltage Generator Module manages thermostatically controlled appliances like an air conditioner or furnace.
- The GE 50 Amp Module manages 120-240 volt appliances like an electric stove or electric heat.
- The GE Low Voltage Dual Module is able to control any two thermostatically controlled appliances like two air conditioners or furnaces.
Your local GE Dealer can answer questions about all of these generator accessories that provide the extra heat or power needed during any power outage emergency!
1This generator is rated in accordance with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2200 (stationary engine generator assemblies) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) standard C22.2 No. 100-04 (motors and generators).
2Warranty details available at www.GEgenerators.com